First-semester freshmen will complete their advising as part of Bama Bound.
As the University begins advising periods, sign-up sheets will be made available either via email or hard copy on Dr. Cevasco-Trotter’s and Dr. Draper’s door. You need to sign up for an appointment and come prepared with the following items:
- Make sure you have the curriculum checksheet which is appropriate for (a) your principal instrument and (b) the literature/history option you chose completed with the top and current courses filled out. Update your curriculum checksheet. In the blank space next to each course, write in the semester you completed that course (Ex: If you completed it in Fall of 2014, write F’14 in the blank). Notate completed courses in ink. Notate courses for which you have not yet taken the final exam in pencil.
- Anticipated classes for the following semester.
- On your schedule calendar, lock in all of the following courses you must take this term, as appropriate:
- Music therapy courses
- Required music courses, such as theory, music history, etc. (courses, not ensembles or applied lessons)
- Piano class, if you are not taking applied piano and have not passed piano proficiency
- Lessons – 2 HOURS
- MUA 010 (Convocation), 5 semesters required.
- Core Classes